Friday, December 21, 2012

December

There is something special about the month of December. For me, there are lots of memories relating to the month of December. 

 4 & 5 years ago I was performing with the Trouveres like. Concerts all over town and madrigal dinner.. doing what we all hated/loved most all season long.

 3 years ago Michael and I had finally fallen in love. Spending every day together enjoying the Winter.

 2 years ago I missed him while I waited, but had just finished hair school and was starting a new job. Working 2 jobs that had the best people and the best experiences. 

 1 year ago I was ending one loved job. I was in quite possibly my last show at Mystique. And counting down the days that Michael would come home. 

 This year, I am in complete married bliss with Michael I could not be more happy. This month is full of new memories. Last week I came home late one night from work and Michael and I were up late talking. Before going to bed we went to brush our teeth. Michael flipped a light switch on, and all the lights went off. Weird. We had the outlet that the fridge plugged into working but that was pretty much it. We couldn't figure out how fix it. We tried everything. So of course I am determined that there is a murderer outside and he cut the power lines, And then he was waiting for us to fall asleep before he came in to murder us. So poor Michael had to deal with all my crazy for a few hours. He kept trying to reassure me that I wasn't going to be killed in my sleep just because the power was out. 

 It was so dark! I could't sleep in dark like that! Even though.. lets be honest. We always sleep with it that dark. It was just the fact that it couldn't be light if I wanted it to that freaked me out. It was about 5:00 a.m. when I finally got tired of worrying and fell asleep. We woke up 2 hours later. Michael got ready for work and I dropped him off. then I drove around for a half hour because I wanted to be in my warm car rather then my cold dark apartment all by myself. 

 Thankfully the landlord was awake when I called and quickly came over to fix the problem. I have to say it was a really funny experiences. My landlord is an elderly kind man. When I called and explained the problem he told me how to fix it over the phone. I told him that I had already tried that and that it must be a problem with the wiring he kinda chuckled and asked if my husband was home to help me. I said no so he said "alright little lady, I will come show you how to fix it. Ill be there in 15 min." 

When he arrived he was very sweet and ready to give me a lesson on how to use the power thing on the wall.. uhh.. I can't remember what its called right now (power box?) but for what its worth.. I do know how to use it. After trying to fix it 3 different times he took of his hat, scratched his head while muttering about how in all his years of living he has never seen this happen before. He called the electrician. Who also said he would arrive in 15 min. I sat on the couch rolled up in several blankets trying my hardest not to fall asleep for an hour. Then he showed up. He was also an older man. He kinda looked like the shorter balding guy on Home Alone. Kinda creepy looking. He was holding a small bag. Just large enough to have a hand gun in maybe. I was a little hesitant to let him in especially when I greeted him at the door and he kinda scowled at me rather then saying hello. But I let him in and after 5 min of awkward silence he broke it with even more awkward conversation and he ended up to be a very nice man.

 Good news, not only did he get the power working, he didn't have a gun in his little bag. Just tools. Which makes more sense. Even though I was determined that the bag consumed the weapon that would kill me, it was in fact tools to fix all my problems. I know, I am a little crazy. I am really not a very logical person. Especially when I am tired, cold, and stuck in the dark apparently. Ha. Its not unusual for me to assume I am going get shot. I blame the creepy gunman guy on Grey's Anatomy for that. 

 The problem was behind an outlet by the way. Which I thought was kinda odd. We also participated in Applebee's karaoke for the first time ever this month. That was exciting! Actually, It was just Michael. I just watched :) He sang Blue Christmas by Elvis. I have a thing for Elvis Christmas music..

 We attended the Melaluca Christmas party a couple nights ago. 


Eclipse an acapella group  performed. They did mostly Christmas music, but some covers as well. They were pretty good! I love watching groups like this perform. 

This is them :) 

I wouldn't say this is my favorite song.. but the ones that they did that I REALLY liked they don't have on youtube. bummer. 

 

I think my favorite part of the party was watching all the huge gifts they were giving away in a drawing. It was hilarious to watch some of the people and how excited they got when their name was called. They gave several gifts away. The one I really had my fingers crossed for was the 7 day cruise to the Caribbean. WHAT! That lucky girl.. I was super jealous of her! How freaking awesome would that be to just win a vacation like that. Just saying. 

They gave all the employees blankets. It is amazingly soft and so warm. That blanket has been in almost constant use for the last 3 days.


We are celebrating our Christmas tomorrow before we go to Pocatello to be with our families. I cant believe how excited Michael is. He has been talking about it for weeks. I am sure it will be an early morning at the Winters home tomorrow. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment