Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas part 1

Michael and I had our little families Christmas morning on Saturday the 22nd. We were spending Christmas (the real one) in Pocatello but it was important to Michael that we had our own Christmas morning as well so we celebrated it a little early. 

Michael was out of control excited about it. He woke up after sleeping for only 4 ours at 6:00 a.m. Thankfully he let me sleep till 7:30 before jumping all over the place to wake me up in the most annoying way possible. Ha I love him :)

He got me all sorts of excited so we came out of our room to look at the beautiful tree. Even though I had been looking at it for the last month it seemed just a little bit more beautiful on that happy morning. 







As you can see in the last 3 pictures we were a little creative with the boxes that were used to wrap our gifts.. 




Michael has been especially excited for one of my gifts. It was opened last. It was in a largish box. When I was open I pulled out 4 of those tissue paper balls that I had used for his Birthday decorations. At the bottom of the box was a Hotel Confirmation for that night in Salt Lake! 

I had been wanting to go all season long to see the Lights at Temple Square but I wasn't expecting to go! It was a very sweet surprise. 

We ate German pancakes for breakfast, then packed and left for Salt Lake. We made a quick stop in Pocatello and then arrived in Salt Lake around 4. Checked into the hotel and then went to City Creek. I love that mall! We just walked around and enjoyed the Christmas feeling. I really liked the way they had decorated the mall. Most of Salt Lake seemed to be covered in Christmas decor. 



We then went to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We ate there last time we went to Salt Lake as well. To be honest, I think it is my favorite restaurant of all time. Then went to see the lights. We were so surprised how busy it was! I think the best way to describe the amount of people squeezing through Temple Square would be "concert packed". I have never seen it that crazy. Michael looked especially handsome in his warm winter attire :) 


It was a truly beautiful evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment