Monday, July 2, 2012

wrapping up the end of June

I am aware I am a terrible blogger.. I have some catching up to do! I decided to create a blog so I could  
document our lives. Once upon a time I was incredibly good at keeping a journal. I pretty much stopped that when Michael went on his mission and all of my journal time went to writing letters to him. We kept all the letters so we still have so much of our lives written down. Since he has been home I have been awful and writing down memories. Which is horrible at such a great time in my life! So, the blog is my way of trying to keep track of moments complete with pictures :) Therefore, I need to be better at it! 

Easter this year landed on April 8th. Just so happens to be the day after we got married! I gave Michael a little Easter basket on our first morning & holiday together. One of the things in this basket was a small carton of egg shaped chalk, which we planned to use at some point in the future. We finally had a chalk date one Saturday night a few weekends ago as part as out pizza and movie night! 




The last two weekends we have gone to back to our hometown to see our families and make a trip to Costco of course :) The first weekend we were there we spent some time at Michael's sister Cindy's house went swimming in her pool with a few of his nieces and had a BBQ :) 


 went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the performing arts center with Britt and Mandy. It was directed by Michael's sister Lisa. I knew of a few people in the show, some of our family on Michaels side & our friend Whitney. But It was very exciting  to see that I knew the majority of the cast from being in past shows with them. Its always enjoyable to watch shows with people you know and love performing in them. It was a great show! I'd have to say my favorite was watching Steven, Michael's brother play Potiphar. 


After the show we had some best friend time. He went to hang out with Justin (P.s. If I write about Justin in the future I will most likely refer to him as J-dog.. just a heads up.) and I finally had time to chat with Mandy.   Which was wonderful! I wish we had enough time to visit all our friends when we come to Poky. I haven't seen my Jennica in FOREVER! Someday soon :) 

During the week me and Michael mostly work and go to school and that is basically it.. 

although I did go swimming with Emily this last week!! 


I also worked the families snow cone shack with my friend Rachel while they were all in Lagoon! Jealous! but the shack was enjoyable for a day I have to admit :) 

Since Michael and I couldn't go to the family reunion because of work we decided to go surprise them on Sunday. Spent the afternoon in Pocatello relaxing and talking :) It was great to see everyone.  

and...
GREAT NEWS!!!!

WE ARE PLANNING A TRIP TO GO SEE MY SISTER MARSHA!!! AHH!! :) :) 

im SO excited :) 

Were also looking forward to the 4th of july! No work, no school! Just parades, BBQ's, fireworks, and lots of lovin! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Shelle, you are so cute. I miss you! And we both live in Rexburg! What the heck?! haha too bad steven and I are moving back to Poky in like less than 2 weeks! crazy...we still have to get together though! And I would love for you to teach me how to cut my own bangs too...but that's just a little side note :) haha love you!

    ReplyDelete