Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pocatello

Probably the best thing about living in Rexburg is that Pocatello is only and hour and 15 min away :)
 I LOVE Pocatello :) 
I love lots of things about that beautiful town, I would write a list.. but we'll just go with my top 3 

1. Family 

2. Farrs (well.. more the like people associated with Farrs..) 

3. Costco 

This last weekend my oldest brother Bill who lives in Pennsylvania and Marsha who lives in Navada was in Pocatello. So of course Michael and I went down to be with them, Its finals week here at BYUI so Michael had lots of studying to do on Saturday so for most of the afternoon he got left out of all the fun. It was some good time for bonding with my sisters however. We visited the supply house (which is another thing Rexburg doesn't have..) Costco, one of my FAVORITE places. And Walmart, not such a favorite place.. but we were getting ready for Abram's birthday party (Abram is one of my adorable nephews) so it had to be done. We had a great time! Except for the part where I slammed Melissa's finger in the car door.. It took her nail polish off and everything! Thankfully none of her finger bones were broken which was a huge plus because I slammed it pretty hard. P.s. Melissa sorry about that.. again. 

Eventually Michael couldn't take anymore studying and he took me out to dinner at Red Lobster :) Our last date before his mission was at Red Lobster so it was kinda fun to go back now all old and married and stuff.  We ordered crab legs. Michael thought the whole crab leg experience was a good adventure to share together. Word of advice, crab legs are a terrible thing to order when you are starving. :) 

The weekend trip was to fast. Time always go by to fast when we visit Pocatello. Even though it was quick we still got to do Abram's birthday party before we left! :) We celebrated with a HUGE chocolate cake from Costco & root beer floats.

birthday boy :) 
mom and sisters :) 
I love love getting together with family :) 


I also finally got to finish a project I have been excited about for a few weeks! Our bedroom was looking a little empty the first 3 months of marriage due to lack of a headboard or picture frames. So, I decided to do a picture collage! I had it all arranged and nailed to the wall with pictures selected when I realized there is no good place to print pictures in Rexburg. So I sent them to Costco and waited patiently until I could pick them  up this last weekend! And now my pictures are finally up!!

WO-HOO! 


1 comment:

  1. I love your picture collage! So cute! And I'm glad you got some family time in good ol' pocatello :)

    ReplyDelete