Monday, August 27, 2012

Salt Lake

Once upon a time Michael went into the MTC and met his first companion Elder brown. 


And good news! Logan (Elder Brown) had a girl waiting for him too :) 


This is Kayla. We met up and put together a package for them! 

More good news.. 

we both waited :) 
go MG's 

Logan and Kayla got married this last weekend! We went to their sealing at the Salt Lake Temple. We have been excited about this wedding for a long time! We were very happy to be going. To be honest, it was a miracle that we made it! We were told the sealing was at 10:20 and needed to be there a half our early. So we arrived a little late.. we got to underground parking at 9:50 only to find that the lot was full. A nice man holding an umbrella on neither a rainy or particularly sunny day sent us to a different parking lot. We drove in the direction that he told us to go and couldn't find the lot. 

Its 10:05 now and i'm getting a little stressed. 

We drove back to the nice man to receive more detailed instructions. A different man was standing in his place and he was very helpful! We parked at 10:13. 

We are now running toward temple square in my heels, but not to fast because 1. I cant run fast to begin with and 2. modesty would probably be a big issue if I tripped clumsily wearing my high heels. So for me it was more like I was prancing and Michael was jogging. My level of stress is increasing and i'm feeling a little emotional with worry of being too late.  

For those of you who have never been to the Salt Lake temple the entrance isn't actually located on the building. That would have been good for us to know before we arrived to the temple 23 min late, but we didn't. So the shoes came off and we started to run a little faster. Its now 4 min until the wedding is scheduled to begin. We are running past several brides and their families wishing that somehow we will make it in time. With 3 min left my hopes are low and i'm close to giving up when I feel something hit my shoulder and fall to the ground. Looking back I see one of my favorite earrings on the ground. Quickly I ran back picked it up. I started heading back toward Michael and he asks 
"did you get the other one?" Holding my left earring in my hand I reached up to touch my right ear to find my right earring was gone. 

I was almost positive we were to0 late, I was tired and incredibly frustrated. Losing my ear ring topped it off for me and I started to cry. We only had 2 min left so I don't know why I even tried to keep going after that. My poor husband is scanning the ground trying to find my right earring hoping that if he does he can stop my tears. And I started running faster. More like sprinting faster then I probably ever have. Looking back this moment is really quite funny. I had completely fallen apart so I didn't think it was at all funny then. Now I cant help but laugh imagining what people were thinking watching me sprint red faced, sweaty, shoe-less with tears streaming down my face and Michael chasing after me toward the entrance of the temple. 

10:20 and we enter the temple. The man the greeted us informed us that we had come to the wrong entrance. I wiped away my tears and tried to fight back more looking at the clock above him. We quickly turned and ran to the correct entrance. The second we walked inside they asked the group inside to follow them to the Brown wedding. 

We made it! It took me a few min and a couple jokes from Michael for me to compose myself. I'm so glad we made it in time! The wedding was wonderful! They had a perfect day! The weather could not have been better. Logan and Kayla were truly happy. 


It was an awesome weekend. We're so happy for them! And it was fun to have an excuse to go play in salt lake :) Going to Trolley Square to go to the Old Spaghetti Factory is a must, along with the new mall. LOVED IT! We went thinking we would just check it out and then leave. Nope, we were there for 5 hours. I'm pretty sure we still didn't see everything. Next time we go, we're both wearing more comfortable shoes. :) 

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA Michelle this is a great story. I am glad you made it in time. So funny though. Oh man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great story. I had no idea that you had such obstacles at that time. I just saw you two come in and was grateful that you could make it. Then, you were so kind to grab my camera and take so many pictures. There are some wonderful shots. We will be posting some of them on facebook soon. There were over 90 weddings at the temple that day. Thank you again for coming. It made it that much more special for all of us, but especially for Logan and Kayla after the friendship that you and Michael formed with them from the start of their missions. Corky

    ReplyDelete