Thursday, May 30, 2013

May Birthday

Its been a busy month. My sweet husband is doing an excellent job at juggling school, work and of course me. (i'm very needy I don't know how he does it!) 

I have to brag for a second. Michael has made a couple of large accomplishments lately. I could just burst I am so proud of him. 

1. He was nominated by his supervisor at work to be star of the month or something.. It sounds a little lame I think personally.. it kinda reminds me of grade school but don't let the cheesy name fool you. Its a big deal. Well he won it. So! Out of all the many workers at Melaluca Michael was chosen! They even made him to go a studio to get a professional photo taken to display at the office. He gets a gift card and this cool little start pin to go on his lanyard. 

2. Speaking of his lanyard, he was just upgraded from a blue one to a red one, which means he is a supervisor now :) It was a pretty lengthy interview process. If I remember right there were 16 people interviewing for this position, they chose 4 out of the 16 to meet with the manager and then down to 2 and Michael got the job! I'm super excited for him. He deserves it for sure. So.. I made him no bake cookies. 

That leads me to my next thought, we have these super cool neighbors (she lent me cocoa powder to make the cookies.. in case you were wondering why the thought of cookies was related to my neighbors) Anyway we had a party with them a couple weekends ago. We lit a fire right outside their door and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Then the boys played video games while we watched random wedding videos online. They are just the perfect friends to have next door. We were sad that our friends Kalee and Dan weren't there, but it was still so fun :) 



Last weekend we went to our hometown for my nephews baptism. 


It was great :) He couldn't stop smiling all day it was so cute. I wish I could write about the feeling in that room, it was a really special event. Everyone that spoke did a really good job and Michael and I got to sing When I am Baptized. I was proud of him. We are so lucky to be a forever family.




Generally my family celebrates my birthday Memorial day weekend, so naturally we did that on Sunday. We used to always have a picnic at Ross Park and then go to the zoo, but we just did at home this year. My nephew Abram brought me a crown to wear because I was a princess, I thought it was very sweet. 

I feel really blessed to have the family that I do. I am incredibly lucky. As cheesy as this sounds for as long as I can remember I used to always use my birthday wish to wish that I would marry the most perfect man for me when I grew up. I guess I was always a romantic and wanted to find my other half. Now that he is mine I don't know what to wish for. It was the same wish for so long. 


So, I wasn't to disappointed when I failed to blow out the 22 candle.



                           
We said our "see you laters" the next day which is always so so sad. We only have to wait till August to see them again and then we will be with our whole family for our first ever Quinn Family reunion! I just cant wait. 


Happy Birthday to all those who share May 30th with me :) 
And Happy Anniversary (tomorrow) to Michael and Marsha! Its been a short 10 years.


 love you guys :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment