Thursday, January 3, 2013

lovin me some fundue

New Years Eve was wonderful. 

as it is, always 

For those of you who know Michael well, you would know he LOVES to skate. Before he went on his mission he spent a great amount of time at Deleta as well as the skate park. He got some aggressive skates this summer just for the skate park. He likes ice skating as well. We have only been a couple of times but he is pretty skilled as you can see in this sideways video. 


That was 3 years ago :) ha I just had to share. cute boy. 

He wanted to go to Deleta on New Years Eve. He told Marsha and my sister was like YEAH cuz she is cute like that. We then passed the word on to the Winters family and we all had a skating party Monday afternoon. 



The usual New Years Eve festivities went on at the Quinn home that evening. However, I believe this is the first year we didn't watch at least some of Snow Ball express. 

Oh P.s. 
New Years Eve is my 
favorite holiday of all time.
in case you didn't know. 

We had our regular fondue party.

dinner,


games, chocolate and noise makers while watching the ball drop. Michael had never seen the ball drop before. I don't think he was that impressed.. 

I got my first ever New Years kiss! 


The night could not have been better. I am already pumped for next year :) 

On January 1st the Millwards left, it was hard to say goodbye not knowing the next time we will see them. Being away from family is no fun. 

Michael and I spent the day watching Harry Potter. When I say the day, I literally mean the WHOLE day. We watched up to movie 4 while in Pocatello, then went back to Rexburg. Our apartment was FREEZING! We put on some comfy warm clothes and cuddled close while we watched the 5th Harry Potter. 

I am a huge HP fan. Yesterday we watched move 6 and today we started part one of 7. I feel like I  have just been crying for the last 3 days because of it! All the tears started when the sorting hat put Harry into Gryffindor. Oh my it is such a great story. Love it. 

I am sure some of the tears have something to do with being back to normal life. The holidays are over, the Christmas decorations have been taken down. The family has gone back home to their lives. It is always a little hard when the Holidays end. On the positive side of things, it is a new year! 

A great and memorable year of our lives has passed. 

We're looking forward to a new one. 

Happy New Year everyone :) 

1 comment:

  1. so fun! I totally remember being at one of your new year's eve fondue parties a few years ago! What a great tradition! I love it :) and i'm so glad you got your first new years eve kiss! haha love you shelle!

    ReplyDelete